Stainless steel appliances play vital roles in our lives. Most of these appliances make life as comfortable as we know it today. Playing such an active role in our lives, they tend to get dirty and wear off quick due to daily use. In this article you will find out how to clean stainless steel appliances, as easy and eco-friendly as possible. You will also learn how to keep your appliances in a good general condition over time.
The best cleaning practices
The best cleaning method for stainless steel appliances starts with a simple process which can be practiced on a daily basis. You just need simple objects such as cloth and a towel.
• Daily cleaning can be achieved by use of warm water and a piece of cloth. Water is used in most cleaning services and in this it becomes the least risky option. In this process, you just need some warm water and a piece of cloth. Why warm water? It is because heat eliminates some minerals that may eat away the coating over time and then lead to corrosion. Dip the piece of cloth in the water and wipe towards the direction of polish lines. Then wipe with a dry cloth to eliminate water drops that may cause stain spots on your appliance. The dry towel absorbs the humidity from the surface of your appliance, therefore, drying it and will yield beautiful results.
• Use of mild detergent
For more powerful cleaning needs, you will have to add some detergents besides warm water and a piece of cloth. Warm water is useful in removing the hard to remove stains and the detergent makes it even easier. Add a drop or two in the warm water and dip the cloth to wipe the stains off your appliance. Later rinse the gadget to ensure no water spots were left as this may leave ugly marks.
• Stainless steel cleaner.
For all staining or scratching needs for your appliance, you can only trust the stainless steel cleaner. They are used to minimize scratches and also remove tough stains. They polish the surface of your appliance well leaving it as shiny as new. You just need to rinse it thoroughly and dry with a soft towel.
How to clean stainless steel appliances: step by step
This process requires simple, but systematic procedure that helps to maintain and keep your appliances as clean as new.
• Using a piece of cloth or sponge and kitchen cleaner, wipe the stains gently to clean the appliance.
• Dry the surface using a soft towel. Do not air dry since it may leave stains from water droplets.
• Using a dry, soft piece of cloth, push hard over the dry surface and towards the directions of polish lines to eliminate any stubborn streaks.
• Using a paper towel, extend a small amount of safflower seed over the whole surface of your appliance. Let it be evenly spread to ensure maximum protection with the grain.
• Using another dry towel, rub gently over the surface again to eliminate excess oil on the surface. Ensure you do not eliminate all the oil you had applied.
• Store your appliance in a cool, dry area far from reach of dust.
This procedure ensures a high standard of cleanliness for your appliances and a good as new look without streaks and scratches.