Bissell has a vast 130 years of experience in creating innovative cleaning tools which are ideally suited for home usage. Their product line consists of various kinds of floor care products such as vacuums, carpet deep cleaners, carpet sweepers and bare floor vacuums. They are also known for manufacturing floor cleaning chemicals, which are ideally suited for all kinds of dirt, stains and animal dander.
Over the years, Bissell has produced some excellent vacuum cleaners which have been voted industry wide as the best in class, plus best value for money by consumers too. The new Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum with OnePass promises to carry on that tradition with features that are matched only by the more expensive vacuum cleaners. You will be hard pressed to find a good vacuum cleaner that actually takes care of the dirt lying around your floor, under $100. Well, Bissell’s CleanView Upright Vacuum aims to fill that gap in the market. Does it succeed in doing so? Find out below in our review of the Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum with OnePass.
If you click the button above you will be redirected to Amazon.com. In case you then decide to buy anything, Amazon.com will pay me a commission. This doesn’t affect the honesty of this review in any way though.
1) One Pass Technology – While most vacuum cleaners under $100, suffer from an insufficient suction power, Bissell has brought forward the CleanView with a unique One Pass technology which claims to pick up more dirt on the initial pass, particularly on carpet surfaces. The One Pass mechanism provides the CleanView with a strong, non-stop suction power, which works in combination with an innovative brush roll design to ensure most of the dirt gets sucked in the first pass itself. Amazon customers have vouched in their reviews about CleanView’s performance, praising its ability to suck the dirt stuck deep in the fibres of the carpets within one pass.
2) Cyclonic Cleaning System – This technology builds up a high-speed rotating vertical flow that removes and separates large dirt particles from air, or in simpler words, the CleanView has a cyclonic way of sucking up dirt, which is long-lasting, and powerful enough to suck up dirt stuck in the deepest layer of the carpets. The strong, non-stop suction ensures that none of the dust particles is left floating in the surrounding atmosphere, but is sucked right inside the dirt tank.
3) Multi Cyclonic Filtration System – This allows the CleanView to remove most of the indoor allergens such as dust, pet hair etc. which are known to cause allergies (severe, permanent allergies in some cases) in humans. There is a multi-level filter system built in the vacuum cleaner consisting of two filters – the first HEPA filter (or post motor filter) and a second Foam filter (pre motor filter), together which ensure that the dirt sucked off the carpet or floor doesn’t comes back out of the cleaner. The post motor filter is non-washable and you will have to replace it every 3-6 months depending on the frequency of use, while the foam filter is easily washable.
4) Innovative Brush Roll Design – The CleanView features a redesigned, innovative brush roll design, which according to Bissell is designed to pick up most of the dirt in the first pass itself. It is built to function in a way that instead of swiping over the dirt, the brush actually rotates or rolls over the layer of dust on the carpet’s surface. This allows the vacuum cleaner to suck up even the deepest lying dirt particles from the carpet. Together with the unique Cyclonic suction system, the Brush Roll design ensures that you have to make fewer passes to clean up your carpet. However, using the brush roll to clean up larger pieces of debris actually ends up throwing them all around the surface, so it is suggested that you use the handheld Turbo Brush tool to pick up bits and pieces that remain.
5) CleanView Design – The Bissell CleanView is fitted with a transparent, large-capacity dirt tank with an easy bottom-open system. The transparent nature of the dirt tank allows you to see when it is full, and requires emptying. This helps to make sure that the cleaner does not lose its suction power because of a full dirt tank. With an open bottom mechanism, the dirt tank is easily cleaned too by just pressing a button given in the lower part of the tank.
6) Detachable Turbo Brush Tool Design – The CleanView is in essence a 2-in-1 machine which can be used as an upright vacuum cleaner, as well as a handheld vacuum cleaner. This is made possible by a neat, detachable Turbo Brush tool with a 6-foot expandable hose which is useful in cleaning smaller, softer areas in the house such as upholstery, drapery, carpeted stairs, furniture, vehicle upholstery etc as a handheld vacuum cleaner. The Turbo Brush has a very powerful suction, with a tremendous amount of air flow within and around it, which allows it to suck up dust in the remotest and hard-to-reach corners effectively.
7) Ease of Use – At just 51 pounds, the CleanView is extremely lightweight and has a perfect size which allows for excellent portability and storage ability. There are 5 different height adjustment scales available which allow you to clean at varying heights of surface. It has a bag-less vacuum which means that you don’t have to worry about washing or replacing the dirt bags every time they are choked with dirt. The Turbo Brush is another helpful tool which helps to clean every nook and cranny that requires vacuum.
8) Additional Accessories – A 25-ft cord allows you to work in a very wide radius, thus avoiding the need to look for nearby charging outlets every time you move a bit further. There are also other useful accessories such as a twist-and-snap hose, dusting brush, tube extension and crevice tool. These tools all work together to ensure a clean surface in all parts of the house. The ClearView comes with a 2 year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Excellent Performance;
- Long 25 ft Cord;
- Excellent for Cleaning Carpets;
- Easy to use and clean;
- Excellent Value for Money;
- Quiet Operation.
- Brush Roll cannot be turned off, which makes the debris fly around while cleaning bare, hard floors (advisable to use the dusting brush or crevice tool);
- No swivel action;
- No Auto Cord Rewind;
- Short flexible hose.
For under $100, the Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum with OnePass is an excellent product, meant for medium to large homes which have a larger carpet area than bare floors. It has a few limitations, and some talk about its inferior build quality but we do not agree. At $79, this is by far the best upright vacuum cleaner in its category, with some of the very best technology out there. Highly Recommended!