The Panasonic MC-CG902 Full Size Bag Canister Vacuum Cleaner is among the best vacuum cleaners that you can find. There is a similar model also from Panasonic, the Panasonic MC-CG885. This vacuum has the on and off buttons on the handle, the self retracting cord and other good improvements.
If you click the button above you will be redirected to Amazon.com. In case you then decide to buy anything, Amazon.com will pay me a commission. This doesn’t affect the honesty of this review in any way though.
The big improvements entail the big size of the vacuum bag and the additional tools. By the way, the common complaint that lies with the old model is the small size of its bag. Having to replace the bag every now and then is expensive. This vacuum solves the problem. It’s easy to replace the bag with a basket type carrier.
This vacuum cleaner has an optic-flow technology which is a double-walled bag chamber that allows airflow both in the inside and the outside of the bag to ensure consistent suction. The problem that usually occurs with all vacuum cleaners is when the bag is filling; the flow of air becomes restricted. But with this vacuum, as long as its bag has space to fill up dirt the suction will stay strong.
It will take you approximately ten minutes to assemble this vacuum cleaner; this includes the time you take to go through the instructions to know which goes where. One dangerous thing is the telescoping handle. If not careful, you will pinch your palm or fingers when collapsing it. If you read well through the instructions on the manual there is a warning about that.
The Panasonic MC-CG902 is equipped with a HEPA filter that is replaceable. The filter is good especially to those with allergy towards dirt. The cord which is 26 foot long easily retracts with a foot push for easier storage. The cord is not that strong that you can strike your feet on it like a whip; use enough power that reels it back. The rubber bumper which surrounds the canister is there to protect your furniture and walls from accidental bumps. There is also an overload protector which guards against belt breakage in case the agitator jams. Just like the old model, this vacuum cleaner has a red dot indicator which shows when the airway clogs or when the bag is full.
This vacuum has got many advantages. Some of them include
1. Good suction power – this model has more power than the old model.
2. Good brush power – this helps pick up debris/dirt from carpeted rooms.
3. Good wood floor action – this allows you to vacuum minus the power brush when scrapping the floor.
4. Excellent placement of attachments – many of us tend to fail to remember to put attachments back where they are supposed to be and then we can’t find them. After words we won’t remember which placements fit the new vacuum and the ones that were from the old vacuum. We try to force us to put them back where they are supposed to be placed after finishing with each single attachment.
5. Filtered bags and HEPA filter.
6. The bag is big and is easy to change.
7. The nice long power plug retracts easily and has a wide foot retractor.
The vacuum cleaner also has some disadvantages. It doesn’t glide as smoothly as the Sears unit does the carpet!